What is the Companies Register?
Companies with limited liability provide a framework for investment in business. They help foster confidence in businesses by governing the relationships between investors (shareholders), directors and creditors and by giving stakeholders a clearer picture of who and what they are dealing with.
The Niue Companies Register is:
- a register that records basic details about every company
- an electronic register where company information and documents can be viewed online
- available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What information is available online?
Searching the Companies Register of Niue online you can access the following information:
- Company number
- Company name
- Previous company names (if any)
- Date of registration
- Annual return filing month
- Registered office address
- Company director details
- Registered/imaged documents.
Company search results
You can search by company, previous company name and director name to obtain information on a company.
How much does a search cost?
There are no fees, it's free to search the register.
What does it mean if a company is struck off?
This refers to a company that is no longer incorporated. For a company, this may result from a failure to file annual returns, the completion of liquidation, from an amalgamation with another company or from their own request to be removed from the register.
The document filing history usually indicates why a company has been struck off.